ThatCuteDog.com logo

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login 

Register 

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blessings  (Read 1750 times)
Jeanie821

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2007, 08:12:31 PM »

It's rare that I stop and think about the blessings that I have.

First off, I'm blessed that I have developing friendships, including one with Raelin's mom.  There was a time when I couldn't have friends without my then-husband going ballistic.

I'm blessed to have a job that pays my bills, to be able to continue my education, and to be involved in prison ministry - to witness a revival in the New York City jails.

I'm blessed to be able to travel a couple of times a year.

I'm blessed to have a roof over my head.  Granted, it's the basement of my dad's house, but it's almost a place of my own.  And I'm blessed to have my feline companion, MeToo, the unofficial "therapy cat".

Now, if I could just remember all of this the next time I get depressed.

Jeremiah 29:11:  "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord; plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
That Cute Dog
Administrator

Board Owner/Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 07:52:03 AM »

What a great post, Jeanie821!  I'm with you - wish I could remember to stop and think about all my blessings more often.

I'm so glad to be becoming friends with you, too, by the way!!!  :-)  I'm glad you're no longer in such a restrictive environment and that you are free to make your own choices and to befriend whoever you want.

That is really great that you are involved in prison ministry in NYC.  Wow, I can imagine that is a tough ministry to be in!  It sounds like it is rewarding, too, though.

Travelling is great, isn't it?!

And your cat sounds wonderful.  Animal companions are just fantastic!!  :-)

-- Raelin's Mom

Jeanie821, I can't wait to meet you!  You sound like such a wonderful human!  We've got to talk about that cat, though....

-- Raelin

Raelin, Certified Service Dog
(and her mommy, too!)

http://www.thatcutedog.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: